This is the Q&A session from a seminar we did recently in conjunction with B&H Sound. I often think the Q&A is the best bit of these days so its great to share this clip with you.
Questions answered include:
- What is the role of the electric guitarist in a band – loads of practical advice here
- How should you mic a woodwind instrument?
- Advice on hearing loops – what should you put through the loop and best practice for placement of loops
- Advice for starting songs as a band beyond just a keyboard doing the intro
- Advice on foldback mixes
- Helpfulness of digital backing tracks, loops and drum machines in a live band setting
- Feedback into the sound system from computers and laptops – what causes it and how to fix it
(sorry about people wandering about in front of the camera – our usual camera person was on stage as part of the Q&A panel so the camera was just on a tripod)