A worship training day from Musicademy
Musicademy presents a packed training day for the whole worship team (or just come by yourself!). Features special guest vocal coach – Nicki Rogers.
The programme features:
- Band Skills for Worship Teams
- Arranging Songs Congregationally
- Vocals stream* for singers with Nicki Rogers
- PA/Tech training team stream* with SFL
- Guitar masterclass
- Gospel choir masterclasses
Note that you are welcome to mix and match the sessions you attend. Please bring guitars with you.
* A "stream" means that there will be separate classes for those subjects (PA and Vocals) running concurrently throughout the day. Whilst most people will stick to a stream you are welcome to mix and match if you would like.
This is the ONLY public training day we have planned for 2019 so please do book it into your diary.
What people thought of recent training days (the first one is worth reading!):
- I'm always wary about training sessions provided by companies that sell training materials as you can just end up paying to sit through a sales pitch. But this wasn't the case, the day was genuinely useful. We learned a lot of useful stuff without buying anything!
- Plenty of really practical info that we can put into practice immediately
- Interactive and encouraging
- A relaxed fun learning environment with plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
- I learnt that it's good to get out of your own situation sometimes and have input from others even though I've been involved in church music groups for many years
- Liked the simply put and easy to follow tips for guitar and sound mixing. Would definitely go to another one.
- Very well organised, great hospitality from the host church. Content was very informative and practical.
- This was the first worship training day I’ve been to & it was good to discuss/cover issues I don’t really think about when I’m doing worship. There are definitely things I will change
We are creating a lot of new content for this day so if you have previously attended Musicademy events rest assured there will be plenty of new material for you to enjoy.
The day will run from 9.30 till 4.30.
Download the programme here.
Bring your entire worship team
With multiple seminar choices, there is something for everyone. Lots of churches bring their whole worship team, others send just one or two people - all are welcome regardless of your level of expertise or the instrument you play.
As well as a day packed with worship training, you will receive the following totally free of charge:
- 40 free Musicademy lessons for guitar, vocals, keys, drums, orchestral instruments and bass
- A how-to guide for strumming patterns
- A set of cheat chords for guitarists
- Teaching notes for the Musicademy seminars including those for other training days
Discount prices for group bookings
Discounts are available for group bookings. Group bookings must be made in the same transaction to qualify for the discount.
You will not be sent tickets. Instead you should arrive at the registration desk with the NAME of the person who booked for you or your Group.
Please note that as a small business with relatively low margins on events such as these it is not possible to refund tickets once purchased. You are welcome to gift or exchange your ticket with someone else though.
The Musicademy Team
Tim Martin works as a music minister in Bristol. He is a graduate of the Theology, Music and Worship course at London School of Theology and has previously worked as a high school music teacher and taught for the Music and Worship Foundation as well as the Royal School of Church Music. Tim is a multi-instrumentalist and presents Musicademy’s Worship Keyboard, Orchestral Instrument, Worship Leading and Band Skills courses.
is an accomplished singer songwriter, who has recorded three critically acclaimed solo albums. As well as performing, Nicki is a seasoned vocal coach and has 12 years extensive teaching experience coaching in theatre schools all the way to higher education degree level and covering all vocal genres. She has taught professional singers and taken those who are just beginning their vocal journey through to become confident performers.
Nicki uses a variety of established teaching methods largely from the Estill voice training programme as well as valuable additional performance methods she's learned over the years. Lessons are aimed at ensuring that the student has a tailor made, personal pathway to reaching their goals. She says "Good teaching unlocks potential. I love to see the joy on a singers face the moment they hit that note, or perform that song the way they’ve always wanted to!”
Tim Horton is Sales & Installations Manager at SFL Group. He has been responsible for more than 50 Church installation projects since joining the company in 2008, including: Holy Trinity, Brompton; Jesus House, Brent Cross; House of Praise, Camberwell; St Helen’s, Bishopsgate; Riverside Vineyard, Feltham; St Mark’s, Battersea Rise; and St Martin’s in the Field, Trafalgar Square. Prior to joining the SFL team, Tim studied at London School of Theology with a degree in Music, Worship & Theology, before going on to work full-time in a Church as part of the Worship & Tech teams.
Patrick Smith is a Sales Engineer for SFL Group, where he designs and manages audio-visual installation projects with a particular focus on churches. He has previously worked as touring sound engineer, audio systems technician, and sound designer with a wide range of artists including Michael McIntyre, KT Tunstall, and Jamie Cullum.
Marie Page is a co-founder of Musicademy and Worship Backing Band and is responsible for organising events as well as all the emails, newsletters and running the Musicademy Facebook Group. Over the years Marie has dabbled in playing a number of instruments and has been a worship leader at her local church where she is generally most comfortable integrating creative non-musical forms of worship.
Getting to Haven Green Baptist Church, Ealing W5
The address is:
Haven Green Baptist Church, Castlebar Road, Ealing, London W5 2UP
Haven Green Baptist is in the centre of Ealing Broadway, on the north-west corner of Haven Green.
Ealing Broadway Station is just 2 minutes walk from the church, with Main Line trains from Paddington and Central and District Line trains from Central London.
Come to Ealing Broadway and we are just behind Haven Green open space. There is some car parking at the church and on Saturday parking is free on the nearby residential roads. We will ensure there are some disabled parking spaces made available in the main church car park.
Ealing Broadway is served by many bus routes including: E1,E2,E8,E10,E11,607,427,207,65,85
Map and Directions here.
Thanks to the team at Haven Green for providing tea and coffee. Please bring your own snacks and packed lunch.