Harmony & Backing Vocals in Worship Vol 2
Volume 2 includes 10 short video tutorials covering essential harmony and backing vocal techniques:
- More challenging harmony parts
- Harmonies that push your vocal range
- Using head and chest voice
- Blending and supporting the lead vocal
- Matching drop-off, inflections and vibrato
- Avoiding crossing over parts
- Using dynamics to create tension and release
- Finding harmonies to chords outside of the key
- Using pedaling, 1sts, 5ths and 7ths to create textures#
- Close harmonies and smooth voice leading
Suitable for men and women at all singing ability levels. The video lessons are taught by Andreana Arganda who has sung on over 50 live and studio worship albums with Matt Redman, Tim Hughes, Vicky Beeching, David Ruis, Casey Corum, Andy Park and many others.
A total of 2.5 hours instruction on two DVDs designed for both male and female singers at any level who'd like to learn how to harmonize or improve their backing vocals skills. Together the DVDs contains high quality backing tracks to 20 worship songs with:
- 10 instructional video lessons covering harmony and BV technique
- 2 separate harmony parts for each song to copy and learn
- on screen words
- and a full version of every song to practice to
Track listing for video lessons and harmony backing tracks
- How Great is Our God - Chris Tomlin, Ed Reeves, Ed Cash
- In Christ Alone - Stuart Townend, Keith Getty
- Hungry - Kathryn Scott
- From the Inside Out - Joel Houston
- Happy Day - Tim Hughes, Ben Cantelon
- Faithful One - Brian Doerksen
- Beautiful One- Tim Hughes
- Indescribable - Laura Story, Jesse Reeves
- Famous One - Chris Tomlin
- Nothing But The Blood - Matt Redman
Who is it for?
This course is suitable for people that are able to sing but want to develop their ability to sing harmonies and backing vocals. If you've not had vocals lessons before we would definitely suggest getting the Worship Vocals Course and working through that before attempting the Harmony & Backing Vocals Course. Like this you can be sure that you are singing correctly with proper breath control.
Is volume 2 more difficult than volume 1?
Yes, the harmony parts of volume 2 are a little more challenging.
What else is available to help me practice?
We have a DVD called Worship Backing Band - Musicians Practice Tracks which contains 54 worship songs that you can play along with. Practice is a lot more fun with other people! You can select to take the vocals out of the mix so you are effectively the singer with a pro band. Its like high quality worship karaoke. The DVD shows on-screen words and chords so if you play an instrument you can also play along as you sing.
We also have two warm up and work-out CDs which are an excellent accompaniment to the DVD set. The Essential Musicademy Vocals Warm-Up CD contains many of the vocals warm-up exercises taught on the DVDs. Its very helpful to have all the exercises together in one place in a format you can use in the car, at church or wherever you are. The Advanced Vocals Work-out CD goes a step further with a variety of hard core exercises to really train your voice. You'll see a marked improvement in vocal tone, range and power as well as an improvement in your ability to hear and sing harmonies.
Will the DVDs work on my DVD player?
The DVDs are NTSC and coded Region 0 which means they will play anywhere in the world.
Can I get a refund if I don't like the DVDs?
Yes, you are also covered by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee if having received the DVDs you do not feel they are right for you.
- it was very helpful. I would like it as an mp3. | Review by Pipa
Effectiveness Value Ease Of Use
(Posted on 08/04/2011)
- A great resource! | Review by PRob
Effectiveness Value Ease Of Use
(Posted on 05/01/2011)