Beginners Worship Keyboard Volume 2
The sampler video above covers both the Beginner and Intermediate Worship Keyboard DVDs.
Volume 2 is for students who have either followed volume 1 or already play a little. In this volume you will:
- Learn how to play songs in the key of D using simple chords based playing
- Play along with the song Here I am to Worship
- Learn about the theory behind different types of chords - tones, semitones, major chords, minor chords and slash chords
- Play triads, explore alternative fingering and find suitable chord voicings
- Plus tips on reading music and playing without looking at your hands
Volume 2 is approximately 2 hours long and is the equivalent to a term/semester of one to one lessons.
- Step-by-step teaching of keyboard playing and essential music theory outworked with songs such as Here I am To Worship
- Guided play throughs of each song with the Musicademy band
- Backing tracks for daily practise
- Quick tips on playing and interviews with some of the world’s best known worship leaders including Brenton Brown, Vicky Beeching, Tim Neufeld (Starfield), Tommy Walker, Leeland Mooring and Noel Richards.
Who is it for?
As a Beginners course, the box set is suitable for complete beginners who have never touched a piano or keyboard before. Having said that, many people who already play a little, or perhaps learned as children like to start again with volume 1 so that they learn the basics properly. This is particularly important if you have only previously played using the musical score (dots on a page) and are new to our chords-based method of playing.
If you are already a relatively accomplished player (i.e. already playing regularly in a worship band - perhaps using the full score) then we'd suggest you go straight to the Intermediate set which begins with really nice simple lesson introducing how to play using chords.
If you already have significant classical experiece (say to grade 5 or higher) then we would suggest you first do chapter 1 from the Intermediate DVD set which will introduce you to the chords-based playing methodology and then progress to Beginners volumes 3 and 4 to practice the chords playing with relatively simple pieces. Once you are confident with these you can then return to the rest of the Intermediate set.
What is there for people between Beginners and Intermediate standard?
Our Song Learner lessons are perfect for people that already know the basics of chords based playing and just want to practice with lots of different songs. The Song Learner lessons are online only (i.e. not on DVD) and sit between Beginners and Intermediate in terms of ability levels.
What about the Advanced Worship Keyboard DVDs?
These are designed for people who have all the musical know-how from the Intermediate DVD course but want to explore more about differen keyboard sounds. The Advanced DVDs unpack the multiple keys parts to 10 professional worship song recordings so that you can recreate those sounds in a live setting.
What else is available to help me practice?
We have a DVD called Worship Backing Band - Musicians Practice Tracks which contains 54 worship songs that you can play along with. Practice is a lot more fun with other people! You can select to take the vocals out of the mix so you are effectively the singer with a pro band. Its like high quality worship karaoke. The DVD shows on-screen words and chords so if you play an instrument you can also play along as you sing.
Will the DVDs work on my DVD player?
The DVDs are NTSC and coded Region 0 which means they will play anywhere in the world.
Can I get a refund if I don't like the DVDs?
Yes, you are also covered by our 100% customer satisfaction guarantee if having received the DVDs you do not feel they are right for you.
- Love it! | Review by Deona
Effectiveness Value Ease Of Use
(Posted on 12/10/2011)
- Great Product | Review by Kazeem Adediran, London UK
Effectiveness Value Ease Of Use
(Posted on 07/11/2010)