A worship training day from Musicademy, SFL and Psalm Drummer
Musicademy presents a packed training day for the whole worship team (or just come by yourself!). Features special guest vocal coach – Nicki Rogers and drums and percussion with Psalm Drummers
The programme features:
- How to get songs working well in your church and with your worship team
- Modern hymns: how are they different and how to (re)write one
- Vocals stream* for singers with Nicki Rogers
- Drums and Percussion stream with Psalm Drummers Mark Jones and Terl Bryant
- PA/Tech training team stream* with SFL
- Keys masterclass
- Gospel choir masterclasses
Note that you are welcome to mix and match the sessions you attend.
* A "stream" means that there will be separate classes for those subjects (PA, Drums and Vocals) running concurrently throughout the day. Whilst most people will stick to a stream you are welcome to mix and match if you would like.
What people thought of our last training day:
- I came to learn how to improve my voice and singing technique. Nicki gave good technical teaching on how to look after your voice and improve your range. Plus it was a fun day as well.
- The PA training was well organised and the content was excellent. I will attend again with everyone on my PA team
- It was an absolutely awesome experience. The wisdom, knowledge and equipping i gained from the workshops has proved to be invaluable. I gained skills that i could use straightaway.
- When I consider how much we paid per person for the training it did not compare to the quality of teaching we received. It was an amazing day and I learnt so many basics that are so often skipped as a worship leader. I was leading the following day and it is safe to say it was the most confident I have ever been.
- Really useful going with the whole worship band. We came away with a greater sense that we were playing from the same page
- Great learning from a bunch of knowledgable humble people. So many questions answered.
- It was wonderful spending time with other worship team members from all over Southern England. Tim Martin’s sessions answered many questions I’d had about leading worship in church. We were given many practical tips and I’m looking forward to putting those into practice. The scratch Gospel choir session was amazing and performing the song together was a fantastic, uplifting end to the day.
- I found some real nuggets of wisdom that I know I’ll be able to use and pass on to my team for the future.
- A group attended from our church - it was just a great time to spend learning and worshipping together.
- Even though I’ve been singing for years I still came away from the day having learned something new.
We are creating a lot of new content for this day so if you have previously attended Musicademy events rest assured there will be plenty of new material for you to enjoy.
The day will run from 9.30 till 4.30.
Download the programme here.
Bring your entire worship team
With multiple seminar choices, there is something for everyone. Lots of churches bring their whole worship team, others send just one or two people - all are welcome regardless of your level of expertise or the instrument you play.
As well as a day packed with worship training, you will receive the following totally free of charge:
- 40 free Musicademy lessons for guitar, vocals, keys, drums, orchestral instruments and bass
- A how-to guide for strumming patterns
- A set of cheat chords for guitarists
- Teaching notes for the Musicademy seminars including those for other training days
Discount prices for group bookings
Discounts are available for group bookings. Group bookings must be made in the same transaction to qualify for the discount. You can book a maximum of 11 people in any group booking.
You will not be sent tickets. Instead you should arrive at the registration desk with the NAME of the person who booked for you or your Group.
Please note that as a small business with relatively low margins on events such as these it is not possible to refund tickets once purchased. You are welcome to gift or exchange your ticket with someone else though.
The Musicademy Team
Tim Martin has worked as a music minister/worship pastor in several churches in London and Bristol. He is a graduate of the Theology, Music and Worship course at London School of Theology where he has also worked as a lecturer. He has taught for the Music and Worship Foundation as well as the Royal School of Church Music. He has previously worked as a high school music teacher and is currently teaching at a special school. Tim is a multi-instrumentalist and presents Musicademy’s Worship Keyboard, Orchestral Instrument, Worship Leading and Band Skills courses.
Nicki Rogers is an accomplished singer songwriter, who has recorded three critically acclaimed solo albums. As well as performing, Nicki is a seasoned vocal coach and has 12 years extensive teaching experience coaching in theatre schools all the way to higher education degree level and covering all vocal genres. She has taught professional singers and taken those who are just beginning their vocal journey through to become confident performers.
Nicki uses a variety of established teaching methods largely from the Estill voice training programme as well as valuable additional performance methods she's learned over the years. Lessons are aimed at ensuring that the student has a tailor made, personal pathway to reaching their goals. She says "Good teaching unlocks potential. I love to see the joy on a singers face the moment they hit that note, or perform that song the way they’ve always wanted to!”
Mark Jones is one of the Psalm Drummers, a network of Christian drummers whose vision is to stir up prayer, praise and worship and lead people to Christ through drumming. It is a call to drummers everywhere to drum out a new beat that carries the inspiration of God’s Holy Spirit. Mark has played both kit and percussion for over 30 years and is keen to mentor other players in using and developing their gifts. He is the presented of Musicademy’s ‘Hand2Hand’ DVDs and has played and recorded with numerous Christian artists. He is passionate about developing a full sound of rhythm using both drums and percussion and has developed techniques and a hybrid kit for playing with both stick and hands.
Mark will be joined by Psalm Drummer founder Terl Bryant.
Tim Horton is Sales & Installations Manager at SFL Group. He has been responsible for more than 50 Church installation projects since joining the company in 2008, including: Holy Trinity, Brompton; Jesus House, Brent Cross; House of Praise, Camberwell; St Helen’s, Bishopsgate; Riverside Vineyard, Feltham; St Mark’s, Battersea Rise; and St Martin’s in the Field, Trafalgar Square. Prior to joining the SFL team, Tim studied at London School of Theology with a degree in Music, Worship & Theology, before going on to work full-time in a Church as part of the Worship & Tech teams.
Patrick Smith is a Sales Engineer for SFL Group, where he designs and manages audio-visual installation projects with a particular focus on churches. He has previously worked as touring sound engineer, audio systems technician, and sound designer with a wide range of artists including Michael McIntyre, KT Tunstall, and Jamie Cullum.
Marie Page is a co-founder of Musicademy and Worship Backing Band and is responsible for organising events as well as all the emails, newsletters and running the Musicademy Facebook Group. Over the years Marie has dabbled in playing a number of instruments and has been a worship leader at her local church where she is generally most comfortable integrating creative non-musical forms of worship.
Getting to Maidstone Baptist Church
The address is:
Maidstone Baptist Church, Knightrider Street, Maidstone, ME15 6LU
The Church is a 5 minute walk from Maidstone West Station and a 10 to 15 minute walk from Maidstone East Station. Fast trains from Stratford International, otherwise trains from London Bridge or Victoria.
The Church is in the centre of Maidstone, close to the M20.
Parking: College Road car park is a 1 minute walk from the Church and costs £7 for the day.
Map and Directions here.
Thanks to the team at Maidstone for providing tea and coffee. Please bring your own snacks and packed lunch. Drummers are welcome to bring percussion or hand drums (djembe etc).
Training Day Poster
Download the poster here.