For electric guitarists wanting to take your skills and creativity to the next level
Great for acoustic guitarists transferring to electric too!
A comprehensive course that will teach you the techniques, licks and styles the pro’s use to create electric guitar parts in worship.
Perfect for players with gaps in their knowledge and acoustic guitarists transferring to electric.
Plus loads of invaluable tips on:
- Over 90 usable electric guitar chord shapes all over the neck
- Tricks pro guitarists use playing in G, D, A, C & E
- Chord ‘cheats’ for playing in position up the neck
- Explore lead guitar with 5 pentatonic shapes & 7 major scale positions
- Hendrix style double stops for combined lead & rhythm styles
- How to use 3rds 4ths & 6ths to create harmony parts
- 10ths for alternative chord voicings
- Play any chord in any key anywhere on the neck using the CAGED system
- How to find every the note on the neck, quickly!
- Power & open chords in Drop D tuning
- Soloing ideas using pentatonic scales, lead lines using major scales string bending, drone notes, octaves, tremolo picking
- Learn a great solo that uses all these techniques note for note
- Choosing the right guitar for a worship band
- Pickups, tones & volumes
- Pedals - using delay, overdrives, compression, volume swells & wah effects in worship
- Plus an entire section on leading worship on electric guitar
Songs used for this course include Holy Is The Lord, Everlasting God (Strength Will Rise), Hosanna, In Christ Alone, Mighty To Save, Blessed Be Your Name, Happy Day, Surrender and Extravagant Worship. Includes backing tracks for daily practice.
Who is it for?
Electric guitar players wanting the skills and tools to be able to work out the electric guitar parts to any song on any album.
Perfect too for acoustic guitarists wanting to transfer to electric and any electric players with gaps in their technical knowledge.