A worship training day from Musicademy
Musicademy presents a packed training day for the whole worship team (or just come by yourself!). Features special guest vocal coach Nicki Rogers and Psalm Drummer Mark Jones.
The programme features:
- Plenary session from the whole Musicademy, SFL and Psalm Drummers Team: 12 things to Improve your Worship Team
- Vocals stream* for singers with Nicki Rogers
- PA/Tech training team stream* with SFL
- Drums and Percussion masterclasses with Psalm Drummer Mark Jones
- Keys masterclass
- Song writing masterclass
- Gospel choir masterclass
Discounts are available for group bookings. Group bookings must be made in the same transaction to qualify for the discount. Pay full price for the first ticket and then any further tickets puchased in that booking are reduced by £5 per extra ticket. You are welcome to purchase two or more groups of up to 11.
You will not be sent tickets. Instead you should arrive at the registration desk with the NAME of the person who booked for you or your Group.
Please note that as a small business with relatively low margins on events such as these it is not possible to refund tickets once purchased. You are welcome to gift or exchange your ticket with someone else though.
Program (download here):
Note that you are welcome to mix and match the sessions you attend. Please bring hand percussion/ hand drums with you if you have them.
* A "stream" means that there will be separate classes for those subjects (PA, Drums and Vocals) running concurrently throughout the day. Whilst most people will stick to a stream you are welcome to mix and match if you would like.
This is the ONLY public training day we have planned for 2022 so please do book it into your diary.
What people thought of a previous training day:
- Muiscademy training days are an invaluable resource for musicians, singers and tech teams in our churches, whatever size congregation and team or level of ability. The day gives you new ideas, teaches you things you never knew, refreshes your spirit, builds your confidence and encourages you to do better. It also affirms you in the good things you are already achieving for God. Even though you may feel you're not that amazing, you are.
- Another great training day, suited to 'ordinary' church band members with varying levels of expertise. The high quality input from the musicians was such an encouragement.
- A great time its not often you get the chance to play with multiple drummers or receive the advice of folk with the experience of Mark & Terl
- Fantastic insight into the world of sound and PA - great information and techniques on how to improve the quality of sound delivery in the service setting.
- Thank you very much for the training day on Saturday - it started and ended with worship and the whole day was devoted to being better worshipers/enablers of worship. It was joyful and practical from start to finish.
- A fantastic day with some really useful and practical information and help. Well worth going!
- A informative, fun and practical day full of useful tips to use in worship and other musical settings. Came away inspired.
- We really enjoyed our training day, and felt that it was pitched at just the right level. Very accessible training in all meanings of the word. Not too much reliance on visual aids, and very practical, being appropriate for many different church styles.
- I enjoyed spending time with other people who are keen to try new ideas and get more involved in worship. It’s great to chat about different peoples ideas and experiences.
Bring your entire worship team
With multiple seminar choices, there is something for everyone. Lots of churches bring their whole worship team, others send just one or two people - all are welcome regardless of your level of expertise or the instrument you play.
As well as a day packed with worship training, you will receive the following totally free of charge:
- 40 free Musicademy lessons for guitar, vocals, keys, drums, orchestral instruments and bass
- A how-to guide for strumming patterns
- A set of cheat chords for guitarists
- Teaching notes for the Musicademy seminars including those for other training days
The Musicademy Team
Tim Martin works as a music minister in Bristol. He is a graduate of the Theology, Music and Worship course at London School of Theology and has previously worked as a high school music teacher and taught for the Music and Worship Foundation as well as the Royal School of Church Music. Tim is a multi-instrumentalist and presents Musicademy’s Worship Keyboard, Orchestral Instrument, Worship Leading and Band Skills courses.
Nicki Rogers is an accomplished singer songwriter, who has recorded three critically acclaimed solo albums. As well as performing, Nicki is a seasoned vocal coach and has 12 years extensive teaching experience coaching in theatre schools all the way to higher education degree level and covering all vocal genres. She has taught professional singers and taken those who are just beginning their vocal journey through to become confident performers.
Nicki uses a variety of established teaching methods largely from the Estill voice training programme as well as valuable additional performance methods she's learned over the years. Lessons are aimed at ensuring that the student has a tailor made, personal pathway to reaching their goals. She says "Good teaching unlocks potential. I love to see the joy on a singers face the moment they hit that note, or perform that song the way they’ve always wanted to!”
Terl Bryant is the founder of note-for-profit organisations Psalm Drummers and Voice of Drums as well as being an award-winning drummer, producer and artist. He has played with Christian and secular artists alike including John Paul Jones (Led Zeppelin), Peter Gabriel, Shirely Bassey, Graham Kendrick, Matt Redman, Faith Hill, Iona and many more.
Mark Jones is one of the Psalm Drummers, a network of Christian drummers whose vision is to stir up prayer, praise and worship and lead people to Christ through drumming. It is a call to drummers everywhere to drum out a new beat that carries the inspiration of God’s Holy Spirit. Mark has played both kit and percussion for over 30 years and is keen to mentor other players in using and developing their gifts. He is the presenter of Musicademy’s ‘Hand2Hand’ DVDs and has played and recorded with numerous Christian artists. He is passionate about developing a full sound of rhythm using both drums and percussion and has developed techniques and a hybrid kit for playing with both stick and hands.
Tim Horton is Sales & Installations Manager at SFL Group. He has been responsible for more than 50 Church installation projects since joining the company in 2008, including: Holy Trinity, Brompton; Jesus House, Brent Cross; House of Praise, Camberwell; St Helen’s, Bishopsgate; Riverside Vineyard, Feltham; St Mark’s, Battersea Rise; and St Martin’s in the Field, Trafalgar Square. Prior to joining the SFL team, Tim studied at London School of Theology with a degree in Music, Worship & Theology, before going on to work full-time in a Church as part of the Worship & Tech teams.
Marie Page is a co-founder of Musicademy and Worship Backing Band and is responsible for organising events as well as all the emails, newsletters and running the Musicademy Facebook Group. Over the years Marie has dabbled in playing a number of instruments and has been a worship leader at her local church where she is generally most comfortable integrating creative non-musical forms of worship.
Getting to Haven Green Baptist Church, Ealing W5
The address is:
Haven Green Baptist Church, Castlebar Road, Ealing, London W5 2UP
Haven Green Baptist is in the centre of Ealing Broadway, on the north-west corner of Haven Green.
Ealing Broadway Station is just 2 minutes walk from the church, with Main Line trains from Paddington and Central and District Line trains from Central London.
Come to Ealing Broadway and we are just behind Haven Green open space. There is some car parking at the church and on Saturday parking is free on the nearby residential roads. We will ensure there are some disabled parking spaces made available in the main church car park.
Ealing Broadway is served by many bus routes including: E1,E2,E8,E10,E11,607,427,207,65,85
Map and Directions here.
Thanks to the team at Haven Green for providing tea and coffee. Please bring your own snacks and packed lunch.