Are you a classically trained orchestral musician who struggles to play without the music?
For strings, brass, woodwind & sax players
LEARN TO IMPROVISE AND PLAY SINGLE MELODY INSTRUMENTS IN WORSHIP
This 3-DVD course is designed for any single melody instrument wanting to play by ear and improvise in contemporary worship. Perfect for woodwind, brass and stringed instruments.
You will learn how to:
- Use your knowledge of keys, scales and arpeggios to create improvised parts
- Play notes that fit in both major and minor keys without sheet music
- Blend with other instruments without set parts
- Work out sharps and flats in any key using a foolproof method
- Use chord tones as the basis of playing by ear
- Create effective harmonies and new melody lines
- Develop tasteful playing using melodic hooks phrasing and dynamics
- Improvise using auxiliary, added and passing notes
- Use the Nashville numbering system to transpose by ear
Applied using songs How Great is Our God, Forever, In Christ Alone, Happy Day, Faithful One, God of Justice and the hymn Oh the Deep, Deep Love of Jesus. Suitable for all ability levels.
Plus daily practice backing tracks with on screen chord charts.
Six hours of lessons, tips and backing tracks on three DVDs .
Plus tips from Brenton Brown, Tim Hughes, Martin Neal, Chris Bowater, Noel Robinson, Tommy Walker, Noel Richards, Tre Sheppard, Aaron Keyes, Stu G (Delirious).
“This three volume DVD box set is informative, satisfying and practical. The instrumentation and advice is momentous in presenting thoughts and ideas that keep th efocus on both fundamental and inspirational aspects of worship… An amazing resource for the entire worship team.”
Worship Leader Magazine, March/April 2010