Worship Bass DVDs from Musicademy
NEW – The Worship Bass Collection
Improve your licks, tricks and chops by learning pro session bass parts to 20 worship songs.
20 bass guitar lessons teaching you how a session player approaches a song whilst remaining creative and tasteful. Learn Matt Weeks’ session bass parts to 20 worship songs and radically enlarge your vocabulary of bass licks, tricks and chops. For 4 and 5 string basses.
Techniques taught include:
- Exploring the entire neck
- Ghost notes
- Scalic licks, licks based on using 5ths, licks based on chord tones, 2nds and 7ths
- Octaves, chromatic runs and arpeggios
- Riffs and motifs
- When to use melody
By following this 9 hour, 5-DVD course you will learn the following songs:
- 10,000 Reasons, Your Love Never Fails, How Can I Keep From Singing, Before the Throne of God Above, Let God Arise, Here For You, Christ is Risen, God of this City, Great is Thy Faithfulness, You Hold Me Now, How Deep the Fathers Love For Us, O Praise Him, The Power of the Cross, Lead Me to the Cross, You Alone Can Rescue, Your Name, Sing to The King, Say So, You’ll Come, It’s Your Love.
Beginner Worship Bass
Suitable for complete beginners and guitarists transferring to bass. A step by step worship bass course on three 2-hour DVDs that will teach a total beginner all the basic skills they need to become a competent bass player.
A whole years’ worth of bass lessons built around learning well known worship songs plus tips and guest lessons from some of the best known worship leaders in the world.
By following this 3-DVD course you will learn how to:
- Play open, fretted, long and short notes and develop left and right hand technique
- Create different grooves in time with the kick drum
- Play worship songs in different keys using major and minor scales
- Discover intervals, Nashville numbering and transposing
- Use arpeggios, octaves, passing notes and harmony lines
- Learn and play along to Blessed Be Your Name, Here I am to Worship, Hosanna, Everlasting God and Beautiful One
Plus gear guide, practice tracks and tips from some of the world’s best known worship leaders and bassists including Chris Tomlin’s bass player Jesse Reeves.
This course covers a years’ worth of worship focused lessons and is suitable for complete beginners as well as guitarists who want to transfer their skills to bass guitar.
“The Musicademy team has, once again, introduced a superior teaching product specifically for the worship-leading musician….This 3-DVD set covers a year’s worth of bass guitar lessons in just a few hours; its success lies in several styles of presentation, and the advantage of replaying the same lesson until you get it just right….the perfect mechanism through which you – or members of your worship team – can learn and perfect the craft of bass guitar.” Worship Leader Magazine
SONG LEARNER WORSHIP BASS – NOW HALF PRICE!
The Song Learner Series is designed any bass player who wants to learn great parts to well known worship songs and improve their range of styles and techniques. They are perfect for students who have completed the Beginners DVDs and help them work the more advanced teaching of the Intermediate DVDs into well known worship songs
The Song Learner Series turns a worship song into a 20 minute bass lesson (an example is shown here). Every lesson will help you unlock great bass parts used in the original recordings, and give you hints, tips and techniques which you can instantly apply to many other songs. The lessons are available as individual downloads or on DVD.
Tutor Matt Weeks guides you through the song in a step by step manner and is joined at the end of the lesson by guitarist Andy Chamberlain so you can put all your worship bass instruction together in a play through of the song.
The first five lessons (volume 1) are straight forward and should be accessible to relatively new players (probably best to have gone through the Musicademy Beginners Worship Bass DVDs volumes 1 and 2 first though). The lessons on volumes 2 and 3 then get progressively more challenging.
“Thank you for making such a great DVD. I have been a cellist for 20 years and picked up playing Bass on a Worship Team last year. The theory is great and has been a huge help in me learning to make bass lines. I like the reinforcement of playing with the drummer and the guitarist to create a groove.” Evan Lee, USA
Intermediate Worship Bass
Take your playing skills to new levels with this set of worship focussed Christian bass lessons. (The video above for Beginning Bass also showcases the Intermediate set.)
By following this 3-DVD course you will learn how to:
- Develop your timing, skills and learn a range of new grooves
- Play in different styles using gospel bass, slap, string skipping, damping, and chromatic runs, pedalling and harmonics
- Develop your music theory knowledge of intervals, major, minor and chromatic scales
- Learn about chord construction, substitutions and inversions
- Play by ear, indifferent keys using Nashville numbering
- Develop your positional playing and left and right hand technique
- Use 10ths and arpeggios for creating melodic bass lines
- Create fills and licks using pentatonic scale shapes
- Develop 16th note playing and sub division awareness
- Improve your communication, dynamics and learn three steps to shaping a bass line
This course covers a years’ worth of worship focused lessons and is suitable for existing bass players who want to broaden their skills. (The trailer above in Beginners Bass covers both Beginner and Intermediate DVD sets.)
2 hours of lessons, practice tracks, loops and tips from top worship bassists on each DVD including Chris Tomlin’s bass player, Jesse Reeves.
Advanced Worship Bass
Learn advanced bass parts to 14 worship songs with this 7-hour 3-DVD instructional & backing track set:
- An in-depth instructional video lesson per song
- Step by step instruction and camera close ups
- Every bass part is unpacked in detail
- High quality backing tracks to play along to
- Select backing tracks with or without bass parts
- Onscreen chord charts
This 3-DVD course will also help you integrate advanced techniques into your style:
- A whole range of pro standard usable bass licks you can add to your ‘library’
- Ghost notes and damping techniques
- 16th note groove ideas
- Positional playing and where to make full use of the fretboard
- Tasteful melodic lines and fills based on scalic ideas
- Where to use chromatic gospel lines.
- Ideas for using passing notes, arpeggios and pedalling in context
“This is an excellent course of study for bass guitar. Matt is a great teacher. It is especially nice because of the emphasis on worship music although what Matt teaches relates directly to playing in any band. I have nearly completed the course and have been able to translate all of what I’ve learned to my playing. I just bought the Advanced Series! Musicademy products are excellent! Keep up the great work folks.”
Matthew Vincent, Missouri