Worship guitar lessons for Christian guitarists
New! BEGINNING WORSHIP GUITAR COURSE
What if one guitar program could take you from beginner to competent musician with a years’ worth of lessons, tests and backing tracks?
For complete beginners and uses 10 contemporary worship songs. Follow this 10 hour 4-DVD course for:
- 35 essential acoustic guitar chords
- 15 essential strumming patterns
- Understanding chord charts
- Play any song in any key in 3 capo positions
- Tuning, pick and strumming technique
- Transpose into guitar-friendly keys
- Power, slash and easy ‘cheat’ chords
- Finger picking patterns – Play in 4/4, 3/4 and 6/8 time
A years’ worth of worship guitar instruction on 4 DVDs including animated graphics, close-up shots and daily practice backing tracks. Suitable for acoustic and electric guitar. What’s new in this DVD set?
“Musicademy has done a great job of creating a very hefty bit of learning in these 10 hours of guitar lessons. Along the way tests are provided to increase learning and challenge the student to excellence. Musicademy also offers backing tracks to play along with that will help train you to listen to the musicians around you while playing in a band setting. This program is perfect for worshipers of any age who desire to become efficient with a guitar.” Worship Leader Magazine, November 2013
New! THE WORSHIP GUITAR COLLECTION
A download-only set of 20 worship guitar lessons suitable for existing players.
Each individual lesson teaches you a well known worship song. Even if you know how to play the song already you’ll pick up a host of new tips and ideas in these lessons from Musicademy’s Andy Chamberlain.
The lessons are each between 25 and 45 minutes long. Watch the sample lesson here >>>>>
- Agnus Dei (Allelujah) – Michael W Smith
- Amazing Grace (My Chains Are Gone ) – Isaac Watts, Chris Tomlin
- Better is One Day – Matt Redman
- Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me) – John Wilbur Chapman, Mark Hall, Michael Bleecker
- How Can I Keep from Singing – Ed Cash, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin
- The Power of The Cross – Stuart Townend and Keith Getty
- Forever Reign – Jason Ingram, Reuben Morgan
- Jesus Messiah – Chris Tomline, Ed Cash, Daniel Carson, Jesse Reeves
- I am a Friend of God - Israel Houghton and Michael Gungor
- (Hallelujah) Your Love is Amazing – Brenton Brown, Brian Doerksen
- Let God Arise – Chris Tomlin, Ed Cash, Jesse Reeves
- O Praise Him – David Crowder
- Your Name – Paul Baloche, Glenn Packiam
- Lead Me to the Cross – Brooke Fraser
- Our God Saves – Paul Baloche, Brenton Brown
- Here I am to Worship – Tim Hughes
- Jesus Paid It All – Alex Nifong
- You Alone Can Rescue – Matt Redman
- Your Love Never Fails – Anthony Skinner, Chris McClarney (Jesus Culture)
- 10,000 Reasons – Matt Redman
INTERMEDIATE ACOUSTIC WORSHIP GUITAR
Perfect for acoustic worship guitarists who want to take their playing to the next level.
A years’ worth of lessons, tricks and techniques. 7 hours of instruction on 3 DVDs plus animated graphics, close up shots tips from worship leaders. You will learn:
- Over 60 new substitute chord shapes in keys G,C,D,A,E and B
- How to build strumming patterns around the groove + 35 usable patterns
- Play barre chords without the pain!
- 18 finger style + 30 strumming technique ideas
- Find four different capo positions for all 12 keys
- 10 licks in the style of James Taylor, John Mayer and John Martyn
- 12 unique exercises to help you master Travis picking – great for hymns!
- Tricks for playing any open chord in B without barre chords or capo!
- Use 10ths & 6ths to play alternative acoustic chord voicings up the neck
- Use ‘5’ and add9 chords for power and beauty
- Understand Nashville numbering to transpose easily into any key
Plus daily practice backing tracks, how to use high strung and baritone guitars in worship and an acoustic guitar buyers guide. You can also buy this DVD as a series of 12 downloadable lessons.
INTERMEDIATE ELECTRIC WORSHIP GUITAR
A 10-hour, 4-DVD course for electric guitarists who want to take their skills and creativity to the next level. Also perfect for acoustic guitarists who want to transfer to electric.
- Over 90 usable electric guitar chord shapes all over the neck
- Tricks and cheats pro guitarists use or positional playing in open keys
- Explore lead guitar with 5 pentatonic shapes & 7 major scale positions
- Power & open chords in Drop D tuning
- Using effects
- How to use 3rds 4ths 6ths and 10ths to create new voicings
- Play any chord in any key anywhere on the neck using the CAGED system
- Hendrix style double stops for textural lead & rhythm sounds
- Soloing using pentatonic scales, lead lines using major scales string bending, drone notes, Octaves, tremolo picking
Here is a detailed article describing the differences between the three Intermediate Worship Guitar DVDs.
Song Learner Series – Christian Guitar Lessons – NOW HALF PRICE
Suitable for any acoustic worship guitarist who wants to learn more chords, strumming patterns and finger style techniques. Ideal as preparation for the Intermediate DVDs
The Song Learner series turns a worship song into a 20-30 minute guitar lesson, unlocking the unusual chord shapes, cheats and rhythms used in the original recording. Then instantly apply these new techniques to many other songs.
- Learn new, easy to play “cheat” worship guitar chords that the pro’s use.
- Learn extended, suspended, augmented, slash chords and substitute chords unlocking easy ways to play complex chords
- Learn a unique strumming pattern for every song
- Develop more great finger picking skills
Each low cost video download is a complete guitar lessons teaching you a contemporary worship song. These will enable you to master appropriate strumming patterns, find easy shapes for complex sounding chords, cheats for quick chord changes, plus hints, tips and techniques which will further your playing beyond learning the song itself.
The Song Learner Series is ideally suited to students who have completed the Beginners Worship Guitar DVDs but are not yet ready for the more advanced teaching of the Intermediate DVDs.
Each lesson is so much more than a quick run through of how to play the song. As experienced educators, we at Musicademy realise that many students need to have the information broken down, repeated slowly and then consolidated in the context of a song. The DVDs demo every song section and play it through a few times before each element is bolted together step-by-step. Using this method helps you get each sequence into muscle memory as quickly as possible. Many of the songs are also available as online downloads. These are half price when buying 10 or more lessons.
A free downloadable resource sheet is available in the members area for each song. These contain chord charts, chord shapes and strumming patterns
The Original BEGINNERS WORSHIP GUITAR – Now Half Price
Suitable for complete beginners. A step by step worship guitar course on three 2-hour DVDs designed to get you playing competently within a worship team:
- Learn loads of essential chords, strumming patterns and basic finger picking techniques
- Understand power chords and useful chords further up the neck
- Learn 8 worship songs using all these techniques
- Exclusive guest lesson with Stu G from Delirious?
- Plus tips from Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Tim Hughes, Vicky Beeching, Brenton Brown and many others
A years’ worth of worship guitar instruction on 3 DVDs including animated graphics, close-up shots and daily practice backing tracks. Suitable for acoustic and electric guitar.
Here is a detailed description of the difference between the old and new Beginners Guitar Courses.
“I meet so many musicians eager for training and teaching in the practical areas of leading worship. This great resource, aimed at guitarists, will meet many a need.”
The original INTERMEDIATE WORSHIP GUITAR DVD – For acoustic/electric & now at half price
A whole year of worship guitar lessons on 3 DVDs including animated graphics, close up shots and daily practice backing tracks.
- Suitable for competent worship guitarists who need a new range of techniques to enhance their playing style and creativity. Great if you have hit a plateau in your worship playing skills.
- Learn how to find any chord anywhere on the neck with CAGED system
- Learn how to play by ear with a guitar friendly simple music theory system
- Discover the pentatonic patterns that lie behind all the best lead guitar playing
- Understand how to transpose and find any chord in any key using Nashville numbering
- Experiment with alternative tunings to create rich, open sounds
- How to use guitar effects, sixths and string bending
- Exclusive guest lessons with Stu G from Delirious?
- Plus lots of tips from Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder, Tim Hughes, Vicky Beeching, Brenton Brown and many others
“Here is a fantastic resource that will be a help to any budding acoustic guitarist… The three DVD box set has over seven hours of hints, tips, advice and cheats for guitarists. Covering everything that you could possibly want to know about playing and leading….a year’s worth of acoustic guitar tutoring for a bargain price.”
“Any musicians should constantly be aiming to improve and grow in their gifting. Here is a wonderful resource that will equip and encourage many in the pursuit of excellence.”
“A highlight of a DVD course is the pass-along quality and the fact that you can pause and take things at your own pace. In the Musicademy tradition, the lessons are interwined with artist interviews with great content that is worship-leading specific. Enough to work on for about a year. Not a bad way to get your skill up, or invest in that next generation of guitarists who could benefit from some solid musical skill and great worship insight.”
Worship Leader Magazine
GUITAR TRAINING TRACKS
Training Track backing track albums (MP3 download) each featuring 10 worship songs. Two versions of each song – one at full speed for leading worship and a slowed down version for practice. Both include three split track mixes:
- Left “stripped down” mix for learning (vocals and guitar only)
- Centre “full band” mix for practising (includes click and vocal cue)
- Right “worship leading” mix (band minus lead vocals, acoustic, click, cue)
For every song you also get two versions. One at a slowed down pace designed to help you practice the chords to and a split track version at regular speed.
1. Learn the part
2. Practise with the band
3. Lead worship with the backing track